2019 Learning Collaborative and Awards Banquet
The Midwest Excellence Institute’s Learning Collaborative is the event to find out about best performance practices from current and former Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, and Missouri Quality Award recipients. Featuring three recipients of the 2018 Baldrige National Quality Award, be energized and inspired by this interactive conference and take new knowledge back to your organization. Join us and learn how organizations can optimize performance in any sector!
Following the Learning Collaborative, the day will culminate in a gala celebration of the 2019 Missouri-Kansas Quality Award recipients at the annual Awards Banquet! (If interested in purchasing Awards Banquet tickets only, scroll to the bottom of the page or click here.)
What’s Happening at the Learning Collaborative
A stellar line-up of National Baldrige Recipients, Missouri Quality Award Recipients, and other experts from various sectors will facilitate general and break-out learning sessions. These include:
- JoAnn Sternke – of Studer Group (2010 MBNQA), and former Superintendent of Pewaukee School District (2013 MBNQA)
- Mecca Salahuddin – of Alamo Colleges District (2018 MBNQA)
- Larry Meyer – of Integrated Project Management Co., Inc. (2018 MBNQA)
- Tonya Heim – of Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center (2018 MBNQA)
- Diane Brockmeier – of Mid-America Transplant (2015 MBNQA and 3-time Missouri Quality Award 2006, 2010, 2017)
- Mike Kimbrel and Jeff Klein – of Park Hill School District (2-time Missouri Quality Award 2009, 2015)
- Jason Peach – of West Community Credit Union (2018 Missouri Quality Award)
- Scott Rogers – of CoxHealth
- Lisa Hoebelheinrich and John Godfrey – of the University of Kansas Medical Center
- Plus, many other experts in our unique “Genius Bar” open throughout the day!
- How a Systems Approach Leads to Innovation
- De-mystifying Baldrige
- Finding Cadence in Scorecard Reviews
- Cybersecurity Excellence Builder–Is This Really Necessary?
- Integrated Project Management
- Innovation: From Idea to Implementation
- It’s Just Dollars and Sense
- …and many more!
Location and other details
Conference Location/Lodging – The MEI Learning Collaborative will take place at the new Drury Plaza Hotel-Columbia East, conveniently located at I-70 and Highway 63. The location also puts guests within a few miles of Peachtree Banquet Center (for the MQA-KQA Awards Banquet).
MEI has a room block reserved for our Learning Collaborative and Awards Banquet guests at a special rate of $110 per night. If you require lodging, please make your room reservation under the conference room block. Be sure to reserve your room by October 14th to receive the special conference/award banquet room rate.
- Conference Registration 8:00-8:45 a.m.
- Appropriate dress for the conference is business casual
- Lunch and break refreshments will be provided at the conference (hotel guests receive free hot breakfast @ Drury)
- Free parking
- Conference concludes at 4:00 p.m.
Missouri-Kansas Quality Awards Banquet
Join us for a gala celebration of the 2019 Missouri-Kansas Quality Award recipients at the annual awards presentation banquet! All Missouri-Kansas award recipients will be recognized, along with the recipients of the Governor’s Quality Leadership Award, and the Williamson Award for Achievement in Quality. This is an event you won’t want to miss. Please make plans to join us–we look forward to seeing you there! (P.S. A discounted banquet ticket is available for purchase to those attending the Learning Collaborative conference.)
Location and other details
The celebration will take place at the Peachtree Banquet Center in Columbia, Missouri. Known for exquisite cuisine, Peachtree offers guests an outstanding dining experience–not your typical banquet meal!
- Reception (cash bar) 6:30-7:00 p.m.
- Awards Banquet 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- Appropriate attire is business dress/black tie optional
- Free parking at Peachtree Banquet Center